Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Notes from the Future: Max II

I am here. I am here.
Stretch.
Sigh.
Snore.

 -- chasing kitties, chasing kitties, chasing kitties, they are everywhere how will I get them all? How to get them all?! Must chase, must chase those kitties, must chase them and play with them kitties are for chasing and playing --

Who.
Who? You?
YOU! YOU!YOU!YOU!YOU!YOU!

"Shhh, Max! Hold still."

YOU!YOU!YOU!YOU!YOU!

"Shhh, we have to be quiet now. Sit. Sit, Max."

Sit, yes. I do my job.

"Good. Now lie down."

Lie down, yes. I do my job. I listen. Yes.

"Good boy."

Treat? I lick my dogchops. Treat? Lick. Chops. 

"Yummy treat, yes, good; no, only one for now."

You have more treat. I sit. 
I listen. You have more treat. 
I watch your hands. Always more treat. 
I watch your eyes. 
Eyes means more treat.

"Shhh. I'm going to sit down here with you ... ouch, oh ... wow, that is still ... fucking painful ... holy crap, okay."

Ooohhh, you are next to me. Ooohh, you are near me. 
Good, yes. Yes, yes. Good. 
Sigh. Now rub ears. Yes? 
Yes, good. Mmm. 
Good rub ears time. 
Good be near now.

"Okay. Let's see if we can get cozy, here, Max."

I love rub ears. I see You. 
You.
I love You.

"Haven't found any effective painkillers, so, oh, a kiss, thank you, that's -- pfahw -- why do you always lick my tongue? Jesus."

Yes. Yes. Yes. You like kisses.

"Wait, shhh: there may be someone out there. Shhh, shhh, please God just sit still and listen --"

I sit.
I do my job.
Eyes only: look right, look left.
No smells. Yes smell: You.
You smell.
You smell strong. 
No other smells.
Treat now?


"Whoo, it's cold, Max. How did you even get here? What are you living on? Do you have shelter here? Man. I hope you're warm at night, because in this gown I am fruh-huh-heeezing. Snuggle up to me. Cozy. Wow, you are warm. I might even be able to snooze a little."

Sigh.
Rest on you.
Paw. Leg.
You stay here.
Paw means here. Stay.
Sigh.
I sit stay. I do my job.
You sit stay now.
Sigh.
You sit stay here.
You.
I love you.
Do your job.
Stay.

>>POP<<

You?
YOU?
Where? You? Where? You? Where? YOU?! YOU?! YOU?!
Must run this way, smelling: YOU?! YOU?! YOU?!
Must run that way, smelling: YOU?! YOU?! YOU?!
Must check where you were: YOU?!
Must check perimeter: You?

... no You ...
Sigh.
Return to where you were.
Turn three times.
Sit.

Cross paws, lay head on paws.
Paw means here. Stay.
I do my job.
I sit stay.
You? Stay?
I am Max.
I love you.
Sigh.
Stay.
I am good boy.
I am Max.
I wait.

6 comments:

  1. "Do your job. Stay. >>POP<<"
    Sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sit stay now. I just want to give Max a big squeeze right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best thing about this is that everyone is characterized so well. We need Chauncey's perspective.

    ReplyDelete