Monday, June 4, 2012

Notes from the Future: Missives

This note hangs on a chain link fence near the canal in Dublin along the Iron Horse Trail:

Dear Veronica,

If you have found this note, I am dead and you are lucky to be alive. This was the worst possible route, and you are only alive because of a geographic anomaly which is, even now, crumbling. The fumes from the lake of fire are very bad for you, if not deadly. I wish you had listened to me. I wish, truly, that I was better at inspiring you to trust the inner voice, in spite of self doubt. That doubt has led you here, and if you are wise you will tear this note from the string and take it with you. At this point, I cannot say with any certainty that there is hope of your survival. I do not like to be so negative, but you should have listened to me!  

Go back the way you came, run quickly and keep your eyes open for a ladder on the right, against some balconies of a tan condominium. Move the ladder to the LEFT condominium balconies and climb to the THIRD floor. The sliding door is open. Hold your breath and do not look around as you go through that place, watch your step: the floor is slippery and you do not want to fall down in what is there.

If Max is still with you, and I pray he is because you will need him and he needs us so badly to take care of him, you will have to tie him to the first floor balcony before you go up the ladder. Go as fast and carefully as you can.

When you get out of the condominium's front door, run down the stairs immediately and out the FRONT of the condo building. Do NOT enter the first floor condo. I repeat, DO NOT. No matter how nice it looks, no matter who is there or appears to be there. No matter what you hear or think you see. There is nothing there for you but darkness.

Prop the exterior condo door open with the RED paving stone, it's more solid, run outside and around the building and grab Max. HURRY because the water is breaking by this time. Drag him if you have to, I do not think you will have to. Get back up to the top floor, but take the red paving stone as you enter because you may have to kill the person waiting in the hallway for you. I swear to you, it is not me. Please believe me, even if he appears to know about this note and prove that he is me through intimate knowledge of our life, he IS NOT ME. Use that stone, even if only to knock him out. Get up the stairs, but go into the condo across the hall from the one you came in. I have no idea if the door will be locked or unlocked. I cannot control that. I cannot control any of this, or you would not be reading this note. I love you so much, and if you get this far then you may survive.

If you can get inside the condo across the hall (unit F for Front), you will see that the front balcony has a low-sloped roof to the left of it. Lift and push Max onto that roof, climbing up right behind him to keep him going up and not sliding off. Go to the highest point. Look for a red fire bucket.

Stop reading now and run!

I love you forever, 

Tad

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I was not expecting this... way to throw in more craziness to an already crazy story.

    ReplyDelete