Thursday, June 7, 2012

Notes from the Future: Missives III

This note is taped to a package of handy wipes near a very sharp fire axe hidden under some old tar paper on the roof of a condominium near the Iron Horse Trail in Dublin.

Dearest,

I will never know if you find this note. If you do, chances are good that you exist in the variation wherein I was able to hide the fire axe. Meaning that somewhere else there may be a Veronica who did not have a fire axe; I hope she survived. She may be reading her note right now, as you are reading this one. Pray for her, as I am asking her to pray for you. Pray for her constantly. It is more potent than you know. 

I am sorry about what you had to do with the axe.  But I am glad you are reading this note. Its primary purpose is to tell you how much, how deeply, and how truly I love, loved and will always love you. Every day, you have become more beautiful to me, and if you are stubborn enough to ignore my dreams and premonitions until you have ended up where you are as you read this, perhaps you will now be stubborn enough to trust your own inner voice no matter what your eyes or fear tell you.

I have spent so long trying to lead you East, it feels like a lifetime. I have played this game of chess repeatedly, endlessly, seeking every possible variation. I did this because I had hope, I have love and I believe that you have a chance.

Head East. That means Diablo is on your LEFT. Use the tarp as added protection on the floor to keep Max's claws from poking through. Keep a sharp lookout for something to row with. The waters will only get deeper. Do not drink them, no matter how thirsty you are. More water is coming, and it will try to push you South, toward Sunol. Do not allow that. If you have to, anchor yourself to something large. Use your belt. I know you're wearing the longer belt because you're still alive. You know why.

Please know that I felt no pain, in the end.

Yours,

Tad

No comments:

Post a Comment